- 2 2/3 cups of cheese that melts well, shredded (cheddar, mozzarella)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 14 oz can black beans
- 1 cup of corn
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- ½ tsp cumin
- Pinch of salt
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Tortillas (optional make your own with
- 2 cups corn masa)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F°
- In a large mixing bowl, add black beans, corn, peppers, cilantro, onions, cumin and salt; stir well to combine.
- Shred the cheese.
- Build each quesadilla: on a half of tortilla sprinkle cheese and spread veggie mixture. Fold the other half of the tortilla on top pressing on it somewhat gently-hard making a half moon shape. Repeat.
- Bake for 20 min or until cheese is melted.
Optional- homemade tortillas
- Combine 4 cups of corn masa flour with 3 cups of water. Mix thoroughly for two minutes to form a soft dough.
- Roll into small balls (a little smaller than a golf ball).
- Line tortilla press with wax paper on both sides. Press dough balls, one at a time. Each ball will form a 5 inch diameter tortilla.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Cook each tortilla for 30 seconds on each side, turning tortilla 3 times. Keep tortillas warm, wrapped in a towel.