Apple Cabbage Crunch
Our third recipe of the 2015-2016 Winter Cooking session at local schools has been very popular! Let us know if you try it at home, we love to hear stories of families trying the recipes.
- 1/8 head purple cabbage
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 tart apple
- small pinch of salt
- optional: cilantro
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Wash hands
- Peel the leaves of cabbage apart. Cut each leaf into thin ribbons and place in a large bowl
- Use a grater to grate the carrot and place in the bowl with cabbage. Remove the core from the apple. Thinly slice the apple sections and add to the bowl.
- Remove the core from the apple. Thinly slice the apple sections and add to the bowl.
- Optional: chop the cilantro and place into large bowl.
- Measure out the dressing ingredients in a small bow. Whisk to combine.
- Add dressing to salad and mix. Enjoy!