The third recipe in our 2016-2017 cooking series has been a huge hit! Kids have been doing spice exploration in class, exploring cinnamon, ginger, and ground nutmeg. Try our recipe at home!
- 4 apples
- 2/3 cup water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ginger, or ground nutmeg
- Wash hands.
- Core apple and chop into small chunks.
- Turn skillet to medium-high heat, and add apples and water.
- Cook 12-13 minutes, or until apples are soft and tender.
- Using a masher (or fork), break up apples until smooth, or desired texture is reached.
- Spice applesauce to taste. We like cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg!