- 15 oz can of black beans
- ½ medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 oz, ½ cup grated cheese
- 4-6 leaves kale
- 1 carrot
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Tortillas (optional make your own with 2 cups corn masa
- Wash hands.
- Sautee olive oil, garlic and onions on medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add black beans, cumin, salt and pepper. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Shred carrots, cheese (if not pre-shredded) rip up kale.
- Top tortillas with black beans, kale, carrots, cheese, and salsa.
Optional- homemade tortillas
- Combine 4 cups of corn masa flour with 3 cups of water. Mix thoroughly for two minutes to form a soft dough.
- Roll into small balls (a little smaller than a golf ball).
- Line tortilla press with wax paper on both sides. Press dough balls, one at a time. Each ball will form a 5 inch diameter tortilla.
- Heat skillet on medium-high heat. Cook each tortilla for 30 seconds on each side, turning tortilla 3 times. Keep tortillas warm, wrapped in a towel.