- 1 ripe California avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I used fresh squeezed, about 1 large, juicy orange)
- Chives, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups chopped green cabbage
- 2 cups chopped purple cabbage
What to do:
- Place the avocado, salt, pepper, orange juice, vinegar, 1/2 of the green onions and the garlic into a blender.
- Blend at high speed until smooth. The mixture should be about the consistency of thin mayonnaise. Add a little water if it’s too thick.
- Throw the cabbage, blackberries, cilantro and the rest of the onion into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the top and toss gently to combine. I find clean hands are the best tool for this task!
- Garnish with a little more cilantro and orange zest if desired.