This recipe requires a heat source
Recommended materials: 2 skillets, knife, cutting board, measuring spoons (or one big spoon and one small spoon), measuring cups.
- 2 16 oz cans coconut milk
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
- About 2 cups mixed vegetables (diced)
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ TBSP turmeric
- 1 TBSP salt
- 2 TBSP curry powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 bunch cilantro (for garnish)
- Wash hands.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cumin, turmeric, salt, curry powder, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and garlic.
- Add mixed veggies and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add cans of coconut milk, tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins, and lemon juice.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with whole wheat pita/naan or brown rice and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Adapted from a Bellingham Public Schools Central Kitchen recipe