- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄2 cup dates
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 cup water or milk of choice
- Shredded coconut, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
Note: If possible, soak dates in hot water for at least 30 minutes before making this recipe. This will allow the dates to soften and blend easier.
- Wash hands.
- Add avocados, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt, and water to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, or until desired consistency is reached. Use less liquid for a thicker mousse, and more liquid for a thinner and creamier result.
- Serve, and top with shredded coconut and fresh mint.