This recipe requires a heat source
Recommended materials: Skillet, two large bowls, cutting board, knife, grater (knife also works), spatula, measuring spoons (or one big spoon and one small spoon), measuring cups, paper or cloth towel.
- 4 TBSP olive oil (used both for dressing and frying chickpeas)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¾ tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove garlic, minced)
- ¾ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt, divided (used both to season chickpeas and for massaging kale)
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup apple (chopped into cubes)
- 1 cup carrot (shredded or finely chopped)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 cups kale, ripped into bite-sized pieces and packed (or another leafy green)
- Wash hands.
- Rinse and dry chickpeas well with a paper or cloth towel.
- In a large bowl, toss chickpeas with garlic powder (or fresh garlic), paprika, and ½ tsp of salt.
- Heat 2 TBSP olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat, then pan fry seasoned chickpeas until golden, for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix kale, 2 TBSP olive oil, lemon juice, and ½ tsp of salt.
- Use your hands to massage the dressing into kale greens, until incorporated and kale is slightly wilted.
- To the bowl of kale: add sunflower seeds, chopped apple, shredded carrot, and chickpeas.
- Toss to mix together and serve.