As prepared in the classroom during the 2017-2018 winter cooking series! Download recipe cards below.
- 2 TBSP olive oil, for sauteeing
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups finely chopped purple cabbage (about 1/4 of a head)
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 1 medium carrot)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 TBSP soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Wash hands.
- Heat 2 TBSP of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, and sautee for 2 to 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and purple cabbage, and sautee for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add carrots and peas, and sautee for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice, tamari, pepper, and ground ginger, and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
❊ Note: Play with other ingredients! You can add other vegetables like bok choy, broccoli, or leafy greens.
Downloadable recipe cards, in English and Spanish:
Garden Stir-Fry, Downloadable version, English
Garden Stir-Fry, Downloadable version, Spanish