- 4 large kale leaves or 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.)
- 1 orange (for juice)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- optional: 1 peach and 1 banana
- Rinse all produce in a colander.
- Cut the orange in half and juice. Put juice, berries, and yogurt into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Peel the banana and the peach if using. Cut the banana into round and the peach into small pieces. Add to blender and blend until smooth.
- Cut greens into smaller pieces, place in blender, and blend until smooth again.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
Serves: 4-5 glasses
- 20 kale leaves, de-stemmed
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 banana
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- Optional: chopped mint leaves for garnish
- Wash hands
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend on high for 2 minutes, or until desired texture and consistency are reached
- Add more yogurt to thicken it or more orange juice to thin it out
- Serve in glasses and top with mint leaves
Note: Play with additional ingredients! For example, you can add fresh ginger for a spicy flavor or ground cinnamon for a warmer flavor.