This recipe requires a heat source
Recommended materials: Blender (optional), two small pans, large skillet, spatula, grater, knife, cutting board, tablespoon (or one big spoon), measuring cups.
- 3 cans diced tomatoes
- 1-2 onions (finely chopped)
- 3 cans chipotle pepper in adobo or 3 fresh chilis – adjust for preference (roughly chopped)
- 2 cans beans of choice
- 6 tortillas
- 1-2 large limes (juiced)
- About 3 TBSP vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 6 eggs
- 2-3 avocados (sliced)
- 3 oz cheese of your choice (shredded and optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- Wash hands.
- Either blend or hand mix in a bowl the diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro leaves, chipotle or roughly chopped fresh chili, and lime juice until smooth. Pour into a small pan to simmer while you do the next steps.
- Empty the beans into a small pan and warm over low heat. Add water if necessary.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat then add the eggs.
- Fry eggs for 3-5 minutes – until they are cooked to your preference.
- To serve, place tortillas on plates and add a few spoonfuls of beans. Place an egg on top of the beans then drizzle over with your warm salsa. Top with a little cheese and avocado on the side.