Hummus Salad Wraps
Makes about 12 wraps (varies depending on how many leaves of kale you use)
- 2 cans low-sodium chickpeas (or other beans)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- Large lettuce, kale, or collard leaves
- any chopped herb/vegetable (we have used chives, snap peas, green beans, carrots, cucumbers, peppers, etc.)
- optional: 5 Tbsp Tahini (omit this if you have sesame allergies)
- Wash your hands.
- Combine beans or chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, water, and salt in a food processor or blender. (Include tahini if you are using it).
- Blend until smooth and creamy (if needed, add more water one tablespoon at a time and continue blending until it reaches your desired consistency).
- Take one leaf and spread desired amount of hummus over one side.
- Add chopped veggies or herbs to the center of the leaf and roll into a wrap. Enjoy!
*Note: if you don’t have a food processor or blender, you can also mash it together in a bowl!