As prepared in the classroom during the 2017-2018 winter cooking series!
- 2 cups green lentils, rinsed
- 6-8 leafy greens (chard or kale work well)
- 1 carrot
- 4 scallions
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP + 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp of salt, pepper, paprika, and thyme
- Wash hands.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil, and add lentils. Cook lentils for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Rinse under cool water to keep lentils from sticking together, and set aside.
- Rip leafy greens into bite-sized pieces.
- Grate carrot.
- Finely chop scallions.
- Combine the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and add olive oil, lemon juice, and spices.
- Toss, and enjoy! Adjust spices as needed.
❊ Note: Play with other ingredients! You can add chopped almonds, celery, feta, and so much more.
Downloadable recipe cards, in English and Spanish: