This recipe requires a heat source
Recommended materials: Saucepan, large bowl, small bowl, knife, cutting board, measuring spoons (or one big spoon and one small spoon), measuring cups.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 TBSP lemon juice, or juice of 2 lemons
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 oz orzo pasta (cooked)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas or another bean (drained)
- 3 cups grape or cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 ½ cups pitted kalamata olives (cut in half)
- 1 ½ cups crumbled feta cheese, plus more for topping (optional)
- 3 TBSP fresh herbs – parsley, mint, basil, and chives all work! (finely chopped)
- Wash hands.
- For the dressing: in a jar or bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper until totally combined.
- For the salad: Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain and let cool.
- Place the orzo, chickpeas or beans, tomatoes, olives, feta, and fresh herbs in a large mixing bowl and pour the dressing over the top.
- Stir to combine and taste, add salt and pepper as needed.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with more feta and fresh herbs.