This recipe requires a heat source
Recommended materials: Grill or electric griddle or skillet, large bowl, mixing spoon, tablespoon and teaspoon (or one big spoon and one small spoon), measuring cups, cloth towel (big enough to cover bowl).
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- about 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- Wash hands.
- Combine warm water, sugar, and yeast in a bowl. Let stand 5 minutes, until foamy.
- Add salt and flour. Knead dough about 20 times on a floured surface.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Put dough into an oiled bowl and cover with cloth. Let rest for 30-45 minutes (it won’t rise much).
- Divide dough into 8 pieces and roll out. Form into fun shapes if you want!
- Grill naan pieces on grill, electric griddle, or slightly oiled skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Recipe Courtesy of Becky Moore and Concrete Farm-to-School