- 3 cups fresh nettle leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ cups olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- ¾ cups pine nuts or sunflower seeds
- ¾ cups hard cheese, shredded (optional)
- Wash your hands.
- Put a pot of water on and when its boiling dump the fresh nettles in for just one minute.
- Strain well and get as much water out as possible. Add nettles to blender or food processor.
- Add garlic, pine nuts/sunflower seeds, olive oil, sea salt, lemon juice and cheese if you’re using it.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy and salt to taste. Enjoy!
Variation: use any combination of nettle, basil, sorrel, carrot tops, etc)