This recipe requires a heat source
Recommended materials: Saucepan, Skillet, knife, cutting board, large bowl, spatula, tablespoon (or one big spoon), measuring spoons.
- 1 12 oz box of whole grain pasta
- 2 cups of chopped vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, onions, and zucchini all work especially well, but you can use any kind you have on hand!)
- 2 TBSP olive oil or butter
- ¼ cup basil (finely chopped)
- 3 TBSP sage (finely chopped)
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 TBSP pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Wash hands.
- Cook pasta and drain, saving ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat, then cook your vegetables in the water saved from the pasta for 4-6 minutes, or until tender.
- Combine pasta and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with oil or melted butter then add the basil, salt, pepper, sage, and oregano. Mix well.
Note: Pasta Primavera is really flexible – have fun experimenting by adding different fresh or dried herbs, spices, pasta sauces, or different combinations of vegetables!