A versatile sauce! Can be used in both pizza and pasta recipes.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 3/4 lbs tomatoes
- 1 carrot and/or zucchini
- 2 kale leaves
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 Tablespoons basil, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Cutting boards
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Food processor *optional
What to Do:
- In a skillet, heat olive oil.
- Chop onion then add to skillet and saute.
- Grate carrot, chop leaves and mince parsley. Add to skillet and sauté 10 minutes.
- Grate carrot/zucchini, chop leaves and mince parsley. Add to skillet and sauté 10 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes, mince garlic and basil. Add to skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer sauce until thick. (For a smoother sauce, blend in a food processor.)