Pickled Onions & Onion Dip
Pickled Onions Ingredients: (from Bon Appetit)
- 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
Pickled Onions Directions:
- Whisk first 3 ingredients and 1 cup water in a small bowl until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Place onion in a jar; pour vinegar mixture over.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Cover and chill.
- Drain onions before using.
Onion Dip Ingredients:
- 2 red onions, diced
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 Tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spices of choice! Use sparingly. Suggestions include: paprika, oregano, basil, cayenne
- Dipper of choice! Carrot sticks, celery sticks, bell peppers, cucumbers
Onion Dip Directions:
- Wash Hands
- Pour olive oil into a warm skillet
- Cook onions on medium-high heat for simple cooked onions ~10 minutes (or medium-low for caramelized onions, ~30 minutes or until browned) stir occasionally
- Put yogurt in a bowl and mix in the cooked onions
- Add spices and stir