Queso Blanco (White Cheese)
- Whole milk
- Herbs for seasoning
- Lemon Juice (about 1/4 cup per gallon of milk)
- Salt to taste
- Skillet or pot
- Wooden spoon
- Cheesecloth or pillowcase
- Large bowl
- Cutting boards
What to Do:
- Heat milk to between 180° and 190° F, stirring often to prevent scorching.
- Slowly add lemon juice, a little at a time, until the curds separate from the whey.
- Ladle/pour the curds into a colander lined with cheesecloth/pillow case.
- Twist the cloth, holding the corners, to squeeze out excess whey.
- Hang the cloth by the corners to drain.
- Finely chop herbs.
- Mix cheese and herbs in a bowl. Add salt to taste.