Here is the second recipe of the 2015-2016 Winter Cooking session at local schools! It has been a hit with kids, and many have taken the recipe home to make with their families. Note that you can mix it up a bit and use different colored beets (e.g. red, golden), carrots (e.g. orange, purple, yellow), and potatoes (e.g. red, white).
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- small sprig of rosemary
- 1-2 small potatoes
- 1/2 beet
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 tsp bouillon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Wash hands
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes
- Turn skillet or frying on to low heat with the 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- Remove rosemary leaves from the stem, place leaves into the skillet with oil, stir occasionally
- Put the cubed potatoes into the pan, stirring occasionally
- Use the graters to grate the beets. Place into skillet, stir to combine with potatoes.
- Use the peeler to peel the carrots. Place into the skillet, stir to combine with other vegetables.
- Mince the garlic and place into pan with other ingredients.
- Measure 1/4 tsp bouillon and stir to combine with 1/4 cup water. Add to skillet and stir.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Saute the vegetables for 6 minutes or until soft.