Rice and Kale Salad
One of the recipes used with our cooking in the classroom series!
- 10 leaves kale, rinsed
- 2 cups cooked rice (any variety)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Wash hands
- De-stem kale leaves by pulling leaves away from the stem
- Rip kale leaves into bite-sized pieces and place into large mixing bowl
- Measure olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pour into a mixing bowl with kale
- Massage kale gently with your hands for two minutes
- Add rice, chopped apple, balsamic vinegar, and onions (if using) into mixing bowl with kale, stir and enjoy!