- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked rice (preferably brown)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 carrots, washed, peeled, and shredded
- ½ can corn, drained
- ½ pint-sized container cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- ½ green pepper, washed and chopped
- ⅓ cup vinaigrette dressing
- ½ cup shredded low-fat cheese
- Wash your hands.
- Place rice, beans, and veggie in a bowl.
- Add dressing, mix thoroughly.
- Top with cheese (if desired).
- **Cook’s note: Vary your veggies! The vegetables suggested here are only suggestions. This recipe works with just about any vegetable that you might include in a salad. Experiment and enjoy!**