Southwest Bean Burgers
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 cups pinto beans (cooked or canned)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for cooking)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cup lettuce
- 1 large tomato
- Wash hands.
- Mix together beans, eggs, breadcrumbs, cilantro, onion, corn, cumin, pepper, and salt in a large bowl. The mixture should be firm and sticky but not very runny. Shape each patty.
- Pour the olive oil into a pan and cook each patty in the pan until crisp on both sides.
- Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce and sliced tomato with a side of your choosing!