This recipe requires a heat source
Recommended materials: Skillet, grater, knife, cutting board, measuring spoons (or one big spoon and one small spoon), measuring cups.
This recipe makes roughly 4 bowls of taco salad.
- 20 leaves of kale, cabbage, lettuce, or another leafy green (ripped into small pieces)
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- ½ bell pepper (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 1 cup tortilla chips (optional)
- Wash hands.
- Head oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion, garlic, and bell pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add spices and sauté another minute or so, until fragrant.
- Add beans and tomato sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and rip up leaves, grate the cheese, and crush your tortilla chips, if using.
- To assemble, put the bean and tomato mixture on top of a bed of leaves and sprinkle with chips and cheese.