- 20 leaves of Kale, Cabbage, or Lettuce
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 1 cup tortilla chips (optional)
- Wash hands
- Dice onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Put in pan over medium heat with oil and saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add spices and saute 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add beans and tomato sauce and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and rip up leaves, grate the cheese, and crush the tortilla chips.
- To assemble, put the bean and tomato mixture on top of a bed of leaves and sprinkle with chips and cheese.