This recipe requires a heat source
Recommended materials: Skillet, knife, grater (can also use knife), cutting board, measuring spoons (or one big spoon and one small spoon), one cup measuring cup.
- 8 rice paper spring roll wraps
- 2 cups of kale, shredded (or another leafy green)
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 small carrots (shredded or finely chopped)
- 2 cups of cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Soy sauce for dipping
- Wash hands.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add cabbage, garlic, green onions, kale and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice vinegar and sesame oil, and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the shredded carrots then turn off the burner and let veggie mixture cool.
- While the mixture is cooling, set up the spring roll station: Fill a shallow bowl or plate with warm water. Soak one spring roll wrap in the water for ~30 seconds, or until pliable. Carefully remove, and set on a flat surface.
- Fill the middle of the rice paper wrap with ½ cup of the veggie mixture. Fold in two sides, and roll the wrap like a burrito.
- Repeat with remaining wraps and veggie mixture.
- Dip in soy sauce or optional dipping sauce listed below.
Optional dipping sauce (instead of plain soy sauce):
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
Note: feel free to experiment with your favorite vegetables or use whatever is in your refrigerator or garden!