Veggie Sushi is our fourth and final recipe for this winter’s cooking in the classroom series! What tasty vegetables will you put in your roll?
We hope that everyone has enjoyed this cooking season and we are already looking forward to next year.
- Toasted Nori wraps
- Cooked short grain brown rice
- Seasoned rice vinegar
- Vegetables (your choice! we have used vegetables such as cucumber, carrot, daikon radish, avocado, sweet potato, etc.)
- Soy sauce for dipping
- Wash your hands.
- In a large bowl, season rice with vinegar.
- Spread rice over lower 2/3 of wrap.
- Peel vegetables into long thin strips (works best for cucumber, carrots, daikon radish; if using yams or avocado cut into strips).
- Lay vegetables lengthwise across rice.
- Moisten top edge of nori wrap, then roll the wrap up tightly, starting at the bottom.
- Cut the wrap into pieces and enjoy with soy sauce.