Makes 12 muffins
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- Wash your hands.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. If necessary, grease muffin tin with butter, coconut oil or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil and honey or maple syrup and whisk together. Add the eggs and beat well, then mix in the yogurt and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix well with a big spoon. In a small bowl, toss the berries with a pinch of flour and gently fold them into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly between your muffin cups. Bake the muffins for 16 to 19 minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool. If you have leftover muffins, store them, covered, at room temperature for 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze leftover muffins for up to 3 months.