Recommended materials: Knife, cutting board, spoon.
This recipe makes roughly 12 sandwiches.
- 6 slices of whole wheat bread (cut into 4 pieces each)
- 1 medium cucumber (cut into ¼ inch rounds)
- ½ cup hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- Wash hands.
- Cut bread slices into 4 pieces (cut diagonally in an X pattern).
- Spread a spoonful of hummus on one of the small bread slices.
- Place sliced cucumbers on the hummus.
- Add a slice of bread on top.
- Repeat with remaining slices and ingredients.
Note: Play with other ingredients! Tomatoes and chives are fun additions.